Cuban style pork lettuce wraps are one of my favorite dishes to make. It’s a delicious, healthier alternative to a traditional Cuban dish that is typically served with rice and beans. Try this twist on a classic with added spices that kick up flavors not the calories. After one bite, you’re guaranteed to be craving seconds. Enjoy!
1lb pork loin
1 tsp. minced garlic, 1 tsp. oregano
1 medium onion, diced small
1 large yellow pepper, diced medium size
1tsp Black pepper, 1tsp ground cumin, 1tsp Salt
2tbsp green olives, ½ cup sour orange, 1 lime juice, 2tbs minced cilantro
7 Lettuce, 2 cup white or brown rice, 1 cup of can black beans
The Cuban style pork lettuce wraps method:
- Cut pork loin into large, but thin pieces. In a bowl combine the meat, garlic, salt, black pepper, sour orange, lime, ground cumin, oregano, and minced cilantro.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 60 minutes or overnight for a more intense flavor
- Preheat a large grill pan over medium heat and brush with olive oil. Transfer the pork to the grill pan; cook about 8 minutes per side for medium doneness. Transfer to a clean cutting and let it rest for 5 minutes; cut the meat into thinner slices.
- Cook the rice and heat the can black beans, cut onions and yellow peppers to your liking.
- Add a small amount of pork loin, rice, black beans, onions and yellow peppers to the lettuce leaves
- Serve and enjoy the island flavors at half the calories.